
I think that bow ties are good looking. I also have great respect for those who wear them in the hospital. The bow tie wearing physicians at the University, and this is true in Minneapolis and Portland, are always well respected, intelligent, and over all good doctors. I have always wanted to emulate the bow tie wearing physicians, hoping that I would also become a physician of such high caliber.
At some point I expressed this desire to Bryn-Erinn, however as my trusted fashion consultant she told me that I was not allowed to get a bow tie because it would look "goofy". I tried to convince her otherwise, but she wouldn't budge. So I decided that at some point I would

buy my own bow tie when the time was right.
Yesterday was my first Father's day as a father (well 1/3 of a father at this point). Every since Bryn-Erinn returned from her trip to Portland for her Plates CEC (continuing education credits), she has been buzzing about how she had a very inexpensive present for me for father's day. The morning came and she handed me a wrapped gift that felt firm. I opened it up and found a yellow bow tie with blue dots. I was very excited and put it on right away (see pictures, yes I do have bed head). I also wore it to church that day to the envy to all but one person at church. I'm very excited to wear the bow tie on the hospital wards, and I hope that my skills as a physician may some day live up to the high standard required to wear such a great neck piece.
2 comments:
Not everyone can pull off the bow tie but I think it definitely becomes you. My dad is a frequent bow ties wearer and was trying to convince Ryan to try one when we were there a couple weeks ago. Needless to say Ryan wouldn't budge. :)
Looks good Brett...we have a guy in our ward that wears a bow tie every sunday, but he isn't a doctor!
Post a Comment