Actually, it is known to a good number of people, however I've been forbidden to discuss this topic in public forums, as I might jinx the process. However, the levy has been lifted now that we are past the first trimester, where 1/8 to 1/4 of women miscarry.
Yes, Bryn-Erinn and I are pregnant. Well to be technically sound, Bryn-Erinn is pregnant with our first child. We affectionately call this little blessing, "Baby G ". We are very excited about this great miracle that has entered our life. We are currently 13 weeks and 2/7 days. We have already heard the heart beat, a little whoosh going about 150 beats a minute on a Doppler ultrasound. Bryn-Erinn already has a little baby bump.
It hasn't been the smoothest pregnancy. Due to my schedule, and who knows what else, our little bundle of joy was delayed in the production process. That was obviously overcome, and we are past the days of watching "Juno" and stating, "We wish that we were 'preggers' ".
The other major challenges have been that Bryn-Erinn has had almost constant nausea for the past 10 weeks, but thank goodness no vomiting. The fact that she was feeling ill helped many people at our church guess far before this announcement about Bryn-Erinn's grava state. It was deduced early on by our Elders Quorum president, Reed, that she had the "nine month flu". The little tab of Zofran (ondansetron) has been a Godsend for her nausea. She has also had a fair amount of fatigue. The crystal meth has been good in giving her the burst of energy that she needs from day to day - I'm joking of course. My little episode of appendicitis, was definitely ill-timed, but I am back to about 85-90%, so that has been overcome.
The Grandmas were the first to know officially. We told them on Mother's day as their gift this year. We have been tracking Baby "G"'s progress through the web and a gestation calendar. Baby "G" (G is for Gourley) is now about the size of a credit card, weighs about as much as a magic marker, has little fingers and toes, a good strong heart, and is starting to move. Bryn-Erinn has been playing the piano almost every day in hopes to overcome my lack of musicality. I've been telling Baby "G" techy/science stories to make her well rounded. Bryn-Erinn had a dream before finding out she was pregnant, that our first would be a girl. We are anxiously waiting to find out if the dream was prophetic or not. Her dreams often are on the prophetic side, but she never knows which ones are until things start happening.
Of course we know that we aren't out of the woods yet. We have had two people close to us, who were due within weeks of Bryn-Erinn, who miscarried within days of each other. Our hearts go out to them. Needless to say, those tragic events left Bryn-Erinn feeling even less confident, and desperate to hear the heartbeat again.
We are very happy. In celebration I added a pregnancy ticker to the blog. Our due date has been stated as anywhere from December 19-23, 2009.
2 comments:
Congratulations!!!!!!! This news is even more exciting than your appendicitis. I am so excited for you both. It is a wild and crazy journey that you have embarked upon, but there is nothing better than when that baby finally arrives. Bryn-Erinn, I hope you start feeling better soon, before the uncomfortable stage begins. Brett - There was a widely held hypothesis in Portland that you would be the best dad ever. I am excited for the testing of said hypothesis to begin. We miss you guys.
Hallelujah! That is wonderful news. I hate morning sickness. When we were expecting Morgan I had 3 different jobs and I threw up once at each one, and not always in the toilet. It is awful and I do hope it breaks for you soon. Congratulations. What a merry Christmas you will be having. I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment