Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dinner at Olive Garden, and dessert at Costco...


I did it! I finished four months call months. As a reward, I now have a very nice consult rotation (VA oncology consult) where I'm working Monday through Friday and have full weekends off. I've been catching up on some sleep and helping out with things around the house.

As part of the celebration, I took my lovely wife on a date. We decided that we would go to the Olive Garden, "When you are here you are family". I had a nice pizza for dinner and Bryn-Erinn had ravioli. We talked, flirted, and I didn't even fall asleep during the conversation.

After eating half of our dinners, saving the other half for left overs, we perused the dessert menu. We wanted something, but the menu didn't tickle or fancy. Although they do have chocolate lava cake incase any of you have a wife that is craving that in the future. I have found my self in this situation from time to time.

I was disappointed, as I really had a space in my stomach for something sweet. To fix my craving, we decided to go Costco to see what they had for desserts (Costco was just across the way from the Olive Garden). After we arrived, we went straight to the bakery section. We saw the massive quantity of each baked good. Cakes so mammoth they can feed a church congregation. The Cheese cakes are larger than my pizza stone. It all looked so good. The price was affordable. For the same amount that we would spend at the Olive Garden for two desserts, we could have seven or more tasty treats for each of us. It was tempting, but we decided that we didn't need a flat cake in our fridge tempting us to go to our belly fat stores.

We left Costco empty handed. Although I did find this comic pinned up on the wall as we were leaving. The last box says "A trip to Costco is not a date, Earl". Still needing to fill that craving, we drove past two Dairy Queens to go to a Dairy Queen in the area which serves your blizzard upside down. Bryn-Erinn got a caramel sunday (which doesn't come upside down), and I got a small Reese's peanut butter cup with chocolate soft serve ice cream upside down as it was passed to me.

On the drive home, we saw the strange man who runs at night in our neighborhood. He is strange not for running in all temperatures, including minus twenty. But odd for running without moving his arms. It looks like he is in a body cast from the waist up. A Frankenstien monster in the streets of St. Louis Park if you will. We looked at this man on the way home, and we were happy with our choice for not being super sized in our choice. We finished off our ice cream treats while watching the latest DVR episode of MI-5. It was a good night.

No comments: