Bryn-Erinn bought some 100% maple syrup in hopes of making pancakes before the morning session of conference. However, late last night she discovered that the bag of pre-made mix was almost gone. I however saw this as another opportunity to do some good cooking and make something better than what can be made from a mix.
When I have made pancakes from scratch in the past, they have usually ended up a bit brick-like. I'm okay with this, but I wanted to make something special for my Love, that she would actually enjoy eating, so I jumped on-line and found a recipe labeled "Grandma's Pancakes". I have modified it a bit below. I suggest cooking in a well-seasoned cast iron pan or skillet.
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of white flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1-2 table spoons of sugar
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 orange peel zest (optional, but tasty)
Mix the the above and let sit for at least 30 minutes then add:
1 egg
3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
Cook on a buttered cast iron pan. Add any pan cake topping - try 100% maple syrup. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment